Saturday, June 23, 2007

Well, hello there

This is my first ever 'blog' so I'll get straight to the point ... I suffer from Excessive Daytime Sleepiness - and if you found my blog, well you must think you do too! At 40 years old, it's been a long road to finally get the diagnosis. I've gotten diagnoses of depression, and hypothyroidism so I addressed those over the years, and still I feel soooo sleeeppppyyyy. My friends would laugh, "Oh, Ang doesn't stay out past 9!", well, no, I don't. I have to be in bed by 9pm so I can get 10-11 hours of sleep! Then, during the day, I worry about staying awake and trying to function. I also would look for spots and opportunities I could take a 30-40 minute cat nap - church parking lots and parks were my favorites. And if I were really tired, I would just pull off onto an on ramp and stay way off the edge of the road. I even had a sticky note that I put on my window "Just napping" so people wouldn't bother me or think I was in some type of distress. This went on for years - does this sound like you?

1 comment:

flo said...

hello only recently found out about my condition idiopathic hypersomnia aka eds excessive daytime sleepiness aka narcolepsy without cataplexy trying to find out everything there is to know about this disorder. would appreciate any and all help. like u i also was diagnoised with a condition of bipolar. so thankful for the internet and people like yourself.